Representative Payee Program
The Representative Payee Program is a very basic service structured to assist any person needing help with the management of their monthly resources. Those resources could be Social Security, Veteran Administration, or pension benefits.
Cases are referred to our program by Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, hospital social services departments, and various agencies in the community. Once we receive a referral:
1. A budget is created for each case.
2. Benefits are received and then paid out for monthly living expenses.
3. Our program maintains an accounting of how funds are used for each individual.
4. Yearly reports are filed with Social Security Administration and Veterans Administration.
5. A fee of $44 per month is collected for each case helps to defray costs.
For more information on the Catholic Charities Representative Payee Program in Bakersfield, please contact us at (661) 616-4036.
The Representative Payee Program is open: Monday – Wednesday and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. (closed for lunch 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.).