Representative Payee Program
The Representative Payee Program is a very basic service structured to assist any person needing help with the management of their monthly resources. Those resources could be Social Security, Veteran Administration, or pension benefits. Despite the need for all of our services offered here at Catholic Charities, there is one department that is a vital support system to over 700 clients with very specific needs. These clients rely on our Representative Payee Program and it’s staffed in order for clients to stay in their homes, have their bills paid and so much more.
Cases are referred to our program by Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, hospital social services departments, and various agencies in the community. Once a referral is received:
1. A budget is created for each case.
2. Benefits are received and then paid out for monthly living expenses.
3. The program maintains an accounting of how funds are used for each individual.
4. Yearly reports are filed with Social Security Administration and Veterans Administration.
5. A fee of $41 per month is collected for each case to help to defray costs.
Some clients have been with Catholic Charities for 13 years. In many cases, the relationship with their payee case worker here at Catholic Charities may be the strongest relationship they have in their life.
For more information on the Catholic Charities Payee Representative Program, please call (559) 485-3144.
The Representative Payee Program is open Monday – Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (closed for lunch 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.). They are CLOSED Fridays.